Dig into Nature with us! After a successful pivot to virtual events this spring, we have an extensive series of virtual events lined up for fall. Let’s learn new skills and deepen our understanding of the earth together! Watch recordings of spring events under "Past Events." For questions, please conctact Kerry Wininger.
- Local Nature - Live presentations combined with local nature explorations
- Deep Dives - Live and recorded lectures from experts
- Citizen Science Primers - Data collection and analysis from home
- Professional Trainings - Certifications and professional skills
- Learn with a Naturalist - Informal discussions and fun outdoors
- Live from the Field - Conversations with researchers at field stations worldwide
Thursday, December 3, 2020
10:00am to 11:30am
The profound connection to the environment and wildlife enjoyed by many nature photographers is not accessible to us all equally. Whether you or someone you want to invite on nature photography outings uses a wheelchair, has limited use of their hands, or is weak and has tremors, this informative and interactive event is for you.
Saturday, December 12, 2020
11:00am to 12:00pm
How can one capture the wonder of the outdoors on the written page? Engage your senses as we explore the aspects of nature right around your own home or in your memories, recording focused observations, then creating short nature essays based on the birds, fresh dew, deer, crisp weather, mushrooms, and even marine mammals of winter that we’ll come to know. Learn how to articulate your experiences of the natural world in writing!