Dig into Nature with us! Register below to attend virtual and on-preserve events. Watch recordings under "Past Events." For questions, contact Kerry Wininger. Let’s learn new skills and deepen our understanding of the earth together!
- Building Resilience - Discussions to foster climate resilience collaboration
- Deep Dives - Live and recorded lectures and panels with experts
- Learn with a Naturalist - Informal chats and fun outdoors
- Live from the Field - Conversations with field station researchers worldwide
- Local Nature - Live presentations with nature explorations close to home
- Naturalist Ed Series (At Osborn Preserve) - Hikes with local experts & a learning community of naturalist educators
Saturday, June 3, 2023
Trails for Conservation
9:00am to 3:00pm
Galbreath Wildlands Preserve
Join us for a hands-on community trail work day at Galbreath Wildlands Preserve. Well-built trails protect habitat and species, and prevent erosion while keeping sedimentation from falling into waterways. Properly planned and maintained, trails can be interesting to hike, lead us to beautiful and inspiring spaces, and be sustainable year after year. You might come away with new ideas and skills for use on your property or another place. For Galbreath, this trail project day will help provide access for future guided outings so more people can learn from and experience our wonderful preserve. You get to experience the beauty of nature on the preserve while also contributing with volunteer service and practice trail maintenance skills.
Saturday, August 26, 2023
Naturalist Ed Series: Become an Osborn Naturalist!
10:00am to 3:00pm
Fairfield Osborn Preserve
Learn how to share nature’s secrets with others while exploring the stunning ecosystems of Sonoma Mountain with university faculty and other experts. This outdoor Naturalist Educator Series will give you new insights into the natural history of local species and new ideas for sharing your knowledge with children. Join a community working to eradicate Nature Deficit Disorder in the North Bay! Become an Osborn Naturalist and acquire the skills to get “Environmentally Ready.”